Ice Fish Ohio Forum

se Michigan

mousejam515

• View Profile
I am going to be in Michigan for a work seminar end of next week. I am thinking of taking my ice fishing gear along and staying an extra day or 2. I am wondering if it would be worth it? Or if anyone can suggest a lake in the area. I will be somewhat close to lake st clair so I wonder if that wold be worth a try? My other option would be to stop by crane creek or cawtaba on the way home but I don't think I want to walk out and it might be a too late to get a guide.

Thanks
James

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Call sportsman direct he will give you an accurate report and help you anyway he can, he is a sponsor on the site and there is a link on our homepage. Hope that helps!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

mousejam515

• View Profile
Thursday evening after my work seminar I went to the bass pro shops and got my license. Friday after the sminar was over at 3:00 I went to Cass lake, because it was the closest lake to my hotel. Ice was about 2ft thick. I moved 3 times and ended up in 14 ft. I caught some small perch and a bluegil. Then I saw a mark up high on my fish finder and when i came up a northern pike smashed my jig. That was the first pike I have ever caught. I stayed till dark.

With advice from sportsmans direct, Saturday I went to lake st clair and fished out of!f the metro park. That was an interesting place. There had to of been 1000s of shantys spread across the lake. I started in only 4 ft of water but it was very clear and I could see schools of perch swimming under me. I caught a few Dinks. In the afternoon I moved out to 6ft and caught a few bigger perch but no keepers. I should have moved more but the snow on top made it difficult. The ice there was almost 2ft also. What a adventure! I will be back up in a few weeks for another week of training, so I am likely to do it all again.

James

Vexilar