Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:37:33 AM

Author Topic: 2-27 at Northfork  (Read 9370 times)

g

• View Profile
2-27 at Northfork
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:04:35 PM »

Fished from 3:00-7:00 yesterday. 5 throwback saugeyes. Fished in 6-7ft. ofwater. Buckshot glow perch 1/8oz tipped with minnow head caught 2 and a #2 blue and chrome jigging rap tipped with a whole crappie minnow caught 3. Lost a few and missed a few but enjoyed being out. Hate going from 8 pounders on Erie to 8 inchers on Indian but that's fishing.

megan66

• View Profile
Re: 2-27 at Northfork
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:44:50 PM »

12 crappie and 2 saugeye tonight at NF

g

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »

Sweet! What depth did you fish?

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 06:58:29 AM »

Nice job megan. I usually fish north fork but decided to do some exploring last night. Found some fish but could not get em to eat. They would come up on my bait every time then swim away :(Caught one big gill and missed a couple other bites.Sounds like some other people were getting em tho.

megan66

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 10:36:44 PM »

5 crappie, 3 saugeyes 20, 18,16"!

1 fish going into last 45 minutes!

Glad I stayed, 6 feet of water, crappie on tungsten with 2 spikes, saugeye on glow snakie rattlers, 1/8 ounce.

1 crappie at north fork, left at 3:30! caught other 8 in different spot!

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »

Megan66 I'm more interested in the electric auger you were using , where did you get it and how much. You drilled 20 plus holes out there Saturday in 14" of ice, my 8" hand powered back killing auger makes you think twice before you pick up and move.

megan66

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 10:56:51 AM »

Wow ! Didn't know who you are by your handle name?

The auger is actually my fishing buddy, Dukes!   The drill, battery, and conversion kit, is about 340-360, depending on what DeWalt drill you buy, and how many batteries you get!

Did I talk to you? How many did fish you get? Where you Dans buddy I spoke to when I first got out there?

Got 3 keeper saugeye last night!

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »

Yes on Dan's buddy,  I did really Good Friday, went to the same area Saturday and got 2 crappies and a big fat 0 keeper eyes. I had the same bait the guys who pulled limits or close to it and I fished right beside them.  The only difference was or might have been I had braided line on my crappie rods, and the reason I used braided was the eyes were killing my small jigs Friday and I kept breaking my 2 lb test line. Just a bad day for me overall and to make it worse I watched guys doing pretty good ALL dayBtBtw Dan told me what your name was on here, mine is Dan also. I probably will take a few days away from ice fishing just to rest from the arse whooping I took Saturday

kuther

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »

Wapak Ice Dog , I believe I talked to you Saturday. I was the person who showed you the ice spoon that I was using and you said you were going to try making some your self. You also stated that you had just been at the Columbus fishing show. I was the one with the old Vexilar. If it was you I was the one who talked you into getting a Vexilar years ago while we were fishing up the river.

megan66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 07:38:18 PM »

nope that wasn't me!

Not interested in ever making my own spoons! LOL

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 07:39:21 PM »

yep that was me, I remember that day because you were on the right side by a down tree catching gills and crappies and I think later that day you moved closer to the houses in deep water catching crappie and eyes. The Columbus Fish Show I must have miss spoken because I didn't go to the show but I did mention a post about the vibe e and what happens when you use one, that post is in the general group. The jigs I have found everything I need to make my own but I want to see the components 1st hand, sometimes after you see the size or sizes it might not be exactly what you were looking for. Saturday was a bad day for me, walked off with 2 crappies that I eventually gave away. Everybody has a go to bait and mine wasn't working and instead of trying something new I kept waiting for the "evening bite" and when that didn't happen either I threw in the white flag. Marked fish , but lost patience

kuther

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 08:03:45 AM »

Wapak Ice Dawg , we use 2 lb test all the time and when we have a good fish on we just back reel with the fish. Very rarely will we have a break off. As soon as we know it's a good fish we flip the reel to reverse to back reel with the fish and pull the vexilar out of the hole. Then we sit back and enjoy the fight , we usually get several good runs from the fish before we get the fish out of the hole. The largest saugeye I have gotten this year was a 24 incher using a size 14 diamond jig.

megan66

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 11:55:50 AM »

3 keeper saugeye last night!
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar