Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Since the rain?

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
Has anyone been out since the rain? Looking to head there tomorrow.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I was there last nights and everything was still covered in snow. The top layers of ice we're slushy under the snow. I drilled a hole by the docks and the ice was thick maybe 10 or 11 inches.

I will more than likely not venture off the docks until next season. I guess if I got there and others we're on the ice in the marina I would spud my way off the wood but only if others we're there.

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
I will probably just fish Kiser tomorrow the bite was pretty good there. Thanks!

Salmonid

• View Profile
I know several of us are planning on hitting CJB Sat morning and a larger group of us will be at Kiser tomorrow mid day, Two large Frabil shanties, say hey if you see us at Kiser...

Salmonid

Green Pea

• View Profile
Hey Salmonid, I just left from CJ and the ice is singing. I couldn't hardly keep my hole clear the ice was forming so fast. Gotta love it. One more good run.

I didn't get anything but I never left the marina. The wind was brutal coming across the lake and it was already five when I got there so I stayed put.

I saw a big Frabil ground tent Monday night over at the look out area. Was that you?

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
Unfortunately I have to work weekends. Heading to the big pond next Tuesday. Good luck all.

Salmonid

• View Profile
Pea, nope not me, we were at Kiser Today, slow bite but overall a good day,a few nice fish int he mix!

Hitting Overlook area tomorrow early with Tin Guppy and  a newbie Ill be bringing along and Guppys Neighbor Brian too ,  hoping for the best, Kiser was moaning and groaning all day, I loved it!   Not for the weak minded though, LOL

Salmonid

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Was at cj tonight. Fished the marina area. Think I was the only soul on the lake, except one guy by the docks cutting holes with a chain saw,  said it was his first time ever ice fishing.he doesn't know what he's getting into.lol. had several marks and only one bite. Think it was about a 2 inch gill chewing on my minnow on my deadstick rod. Ice was making crazy noises. Freaky when you're out there alone :o

Green Pea

• View Profile
Last night that ice was reeking havoc on the docks. I feel safe in the marina but man I can't catch anything in there. I mark fish...they sniff and it's see ya later and their gone.

I can fish early tomorrow until noonish then I will be back out later. I think I'm going to try a spot near the camp grounds. I have never fished backed there but I keep staring at a spot on the map that just feels lucky. I've got nothing to loose because I've come up short almost every time I've been out this year. 

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
The  ice at  point at the visitor center was 9" 11 " along the west bank and 15" out in the middle. The fishing was good but the bite was slow.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I didn't end up getting out until this evening. I stopped at the marina and got into some dink gils but that was it.

Rusty are you going back out tomorrow morning?

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Not  this morning maybe this afternoon it depends on my buddy Steve.

Green Pea

• View Profile
Not  this morning maybe this afternoon it depends on my buddy Steve.
I was out this morning. I never marked a single fish and drilled 8 holes. 2 on the overlook side and 6 outside the marina.

I was surprised how thick the ice is just outside the marina walls.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:25:50 PM by Green Pea »

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Steve and I went out way north of the point and kept 9 crappie biggest 11.5" and 3 cats, got off the lake at 8:.30. If you marked them they bit

Springfieldfisher

• View Profile
The big ground frabil tent was me and my son..fished there a few times this year and kiser had better luck there big crappies none under 13 was a good year. Fished it yesterday caught a mess of smaller channels..and and then moved the boat over to the dam caught a few keeper channels looking forward to this year. I hope to go after some walleye there this year not much experience with them. ( any tips would be appreciated)

Vexilar