Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Finally

crv423 · 3 · 9450

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
The fish finally turned on! Started out with w flurry of crappie, in a short 1.5 hours at first light we caught 15 or so crappie 10 of which were 10 to 11". We moved out to deeper water and hammered 10 to 11" perch and big white bass, I think around 30 perch and 6 white bass between 4 guys. Then around 3pm caught a couple of eyes deep, as we followed them shallower we continued to catch them ending up in 16fow. 2 of the guys we fished with had yet to catch an eye threw the ice, I believe they both caught 3, 1 keeper a piece. I think and I know he will correct me if I'm wrong but I think Dave caught 6 with 1 keeper. I ended up with 9, 5 keepers the biggest was 4lbs. All in all it was the best day on Alum of the year, and I got to fish with a group of great guys, and Dave ;) This was my last guide trip of the year and I would say a great one. 1st pic is what I took home after my client took home whats in second pic. Good luck and be safe.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:28:11 PM by crv423 »
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

g

• View Profile
Great job Chris. Your clients should have been impressed.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Yea great job Chris, glad you had a good day, I will do you a favor and not post the pictures of what my guide and I caught. Don't want to steal your moment  ;D glad that shirt I gave you is bringing some luck.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar