Ice Fish Ohio Forum

all good things...

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
The ice ice slowly melting on del lake and soon we'll b back on open water but dont be afraid to get in touch with me to do some open water fishing, anybody fish the trout releases?
 Until next ice!!!
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I've hit them a cpl times, prolly will if I have time this year. Can you keep me posted once the ice is gone and its fishable again. Hoping next week sometime.

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Will do A!

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Went to check the withdrawal of the ice but its still up to the banks but I didn't check for thickness. Hopefully it will start pulling back soon otherwise I won't be casting any lines until the release at blue limestone. I've got ur number A, I'll give u a call or Txt u as soon as I see any change!

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Sound avoid man thanks. I was hoping tomorrow but I guess not

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Ice is plenty far enough from the bank but the lot next to I.R is under 6-8' of water and half the parking lot at the horseshoe boat ramp is under too. Hopefully in a week or so the water will drop enough to cast a line or two! =-)

buster

• View Profile
How are the lake conditions? Have a crappie tournament there a week from Saturday (4/11). Anyone have any tips for some good places to find some good fish, I've never been to Delaware and could use all the help I can get for this tournament.

Thanks and tight lines,
Ty

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
As of right now the lake is chocolate milk its so stirred up due to all the rain we've gotten in the last 2 weeks. I was there yesterday and the bite was VERY slow. I only caught one crappie and it was a tosser. Tomorrow is the trout release so I'm focusing all my efforts on that until the spring crappie run mid April early may

buster

• View Profile
Thanks for the info frozen, think I'm going to give it a shot on Saturday. Looks like the tournament (Sunday 4/11) may be tough if the clarity is that bad and more rain is coming next week. Are the crappie still in deeper water?

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Sorry for getting back to u so late. How was the tourney? I've been trout fishin my arse off! Got a couple weeks before the next stocking, hopefully the water levels and clarity will be better before then or I'll b extremely bored til then! LoL

Vexilar