Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fishable?

11yearoldsDAD

• View Profile
Is Lake Erie ice still fishable?
It is NEVER wrong to do the RIGHT thing!

Teach a kid to hunt and fish, they will never have $$$ for anything else!

fishingful

• View Profile
It is at your own risk. Lol

People are still going out. Muddy on shore and ice is softening new cracks forming. I was going sunday but I am done for the year. S sw wind 10-15 in the 50s with rain tommrow. Nothing below 40 daytime in the 10 day.  Have reports of 16 in of ice still. Not for the inexperienced. I would have boards with me and not cross wide cracks. Down inside out of perry or Catawba is where I would feel safest.

I had a good year. Think I had 10 days on erie. Best fish was over 10lbs.  Time to get some stuff done so I can spring fish.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:26:19 PM by fishingful »

11yearoldsDAD

• View Profile
Since I'm new to this I think I should take the advice from those who know best. I made it up two days this year and am truly addicted! Starting to gear up for next season.  Everyone who took the time to respond to the may posts have been so generous in sharing information and for that, we are thankful!
It is NEVER wrong to do the RIGHT thing!

Teach a kid to hunt and fish, they will never have $$$ for anything else!

fishingful

• View Profile
My dad's a captain on the lake and knows most of the guys running charters on hardwater. He talked to guys today. They pulled their shantys on to the island and are only running airboats. We canceled for Sunday and dad won't run the quad out on the ice. Great year time to start geting stuff together for open water.

Vexilar