Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 08:04:52 PM

Author Topic: unbelievable  (Read 11419 times)

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
unbelievable
« on: March 14, 2015, 09:05:51 PM »

this was Indian tonight, and I'll be the 1st one to tell  them that they are stupid for being out on the ice.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:07:29 PM »

That's nuts!   Is that a small flat bottom boat out there?!?!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 09:14:29 PM »

that is a small boat on the ice and I'm thinking it had to be their taxi because it was over 5' from open water to the bank, notice not 1 fish finder , only 1 auger was visible and not 1 single fish was caught the half hour I watched them, there was cars lined up in the parking lot waiting for them to fall through and I wasn't the only 1 taking pictures from the shore. Then you drive over to Mound Wood and guys were starting to line the banks casting in open water for eyes ,and I saw 1 nice eye caught from the safety of the shore

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:45:33 PM »

I heard a guy went through up there today. Glad I listened to more experienced ice fishermen and stayed home.

megan66

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 08:53:32 AM »

Great late ice bite on Sat and Sun. And yes Dan went threw the ice but scrambled back out. Limits on Sat, and about 30 fish caught between 10 guys on Sunday.

Most guys left after Dan went through!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »

That's crazy!  On all counts. At least it's not cold out to freeze if you go thru. Starting to rethink my plan to go this afternoon. A bath at Nimi isn't in my plans!   Glad Dan is OK and nobody got hurt.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 06:15:51 PM »

I guess it's all fun and games until somebody drowns.It seems going through makes you have a little more common sense , plus the fact I've seen first hand a guy die in the water at St. Marys back in the 90's and he pulled his would be helper into the hole with him. If it weren't for the fast acting of a bystander calling rescue, 2 would have died that day . Oh and they were only in 5' of water. Hypothermia is a son of a bitch and it doesn't care how old , young or in shape you are.  Glad Dan is okay also.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:37:58 PM by wapak ice dawg »
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar