Ice Fish Ohio Forum

what an awesome day on Erie

Bryan · 42 · 22257

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Oh those sure are some nice hogs, can't wait to get out myself ! Hope it's soon!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

g

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's what im talking about,  8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bryan

• View Profile
Thanks guys!
I'll be out again this weekend, all the big females are moving their way to the east...still looking for that 33 " (or bigger)! LOL!
I'll post a report next week!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hey Bryan, how far east do you think they have made it?
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
GOING UP ON CHARTER Saturday 5:30 am hope we can jig some of those hogs in. charter out of wild wings by Oak Harbor. :-\

Bryan

• View Profile
There are still some fatties around the islands...just not the numbers like in April. I typically don't fish east of Kelleys so I can't accurately say where the "population" is. But I've heard some guys talking about running to north of Lorraine.

Optfish...please let us know how you do! Weather is looking AWESOME for Saturday! I'll be out with the entire family on our boat...hoping for a walleye "payday"!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

g

• View Profile
Good luck Bryan. Hoping my carpet for my boat comes in today. If not, won't get it until Tuesday. Boo hoo!  Got the fever and can't use the boat yet. May have to hit a headboat Sat. Need to get up there and open up the trailer anyway. Have to wait and see.

Bryan

• View Profile
Thanks g!
Although tomorrow is "family tear up the walleye day" on my boat, in the future...before hitting up a head boat, give me a call. If I don't have a scheduled charter you can go out with me. Only thing I ask is a donation to the gas tank!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks for the updates bryan, good luck and enjoy the time spent with your family those types of memories mean the most!
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Great catch and enjoy the awesome fishing weather this weekend!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Thanks for the offer Bryan. I got my carpet and have the boat almost all put back together.Will definitely be up there next weekend. One of these weekends when I am up there by myself I'll give you a call. Looking forward to meeting you and donations for gas is no problem. I'll call you when I make it up and see if and where you are fishing. Hope the family outing was a great success.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
the eyes are in lorain I have been getting some hogzillas  for about 3 weeks now... so  fish on  ;D  my friends
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bryan

• View Profile
Late report...went out last Sunday north of Kelley's pulling cranks and spoons for about 5 hours caught 9 but lost one at the boat. None were F-O's so I think the 6 week hog fest is over.
I have a charter trip Sunday and possibly one Saturday so hopefully I can give you guys a great report next week.

Have a great Memorial day fellas, let's not forget about the veterans that made the ultimate sacrifice.
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Bryan

• View Profile
Sunday I went to my usual spot, I had a charter trip from 9 till 3, put 12 in the boat and lost four.
The two young guys never fished for walleye before wound up reeling in the two biggest fish of the day...a 28.5" and 29.5", another awesome day on Erie!

54 walleye caught from my boat in the last 6 weeks!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:20:49 PM by Bryan »
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Vexilar