Ice Fish Ohio Forum

what an awesome day on Erie

Bryan · 42 · 22230

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome!  Glad you're still on the fish and keeping us posted!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bryan

• View Profile
Thanks!
I'll keep posting in this thread rather than starting a new one! Thanks for looking!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

g

• View Profile
Sweet. You definitely have the program dialed in Bryan. Congrats on your continued success! Hope you leave a few for the rest of us. Keep it up. Finally got the boat done and this weekends weather looks like a wash. There is always next weekend.

g

• View Profile
Been doing any good lately Bryan? Tried to call you last Sun. but had a wrong phone number. Heard people talking about you on the radio. Will be up next weekend and will try to get in touch with you to see what is happening. Good luck and hit em hard.

Bryan

• View Profile
Sorry g I hadn't checked this for a while, prior to Nate's trip I had only gotten out once and that was just my wife and I for about 1.5 hours.
Those two nor'easters we had within a month really disrupted things!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

g

• View Profile
Glad the lake has settled down since the gale force winds the end of June. Hope the weather is decent this weekend. Good luck and be safe.

Bryan

• View Profile
Took the Robertson crew out this past Saturday, caught a dozen keepers and handled well over 20 1 year old walleye babies. Folks...I'm positive we're going to have an even better walleye bounty in a few more years when these fish grow up! I'm hearing constant reports of yearlings being caught!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Man is that great news!   ;D Keep up the great work!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Bryan

• View Profile
Thank you!
I guess I should have been more descriptive on my post about the walleye babies. In years prior, ice fishing and soft water fishing, I bet I handled maybe 10 babies...both seasons combined.
In 2015 I caught probably 15 through the ice and probably close to 70 in the boat! And I'm not alone, tons of babies getting caught. I just HOPE they're being gently unhooked and quickly put back in the water.
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's what I thought you meant. And amen to the handling of the the babies properly!

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah I noticed the same thing when we were up in may. Don't know that I've ever thrown back more than one or two until this year. Prob had at least 12-15 in 4 days this year. And yes they were released unharmed. Those are the ten lbers our kids will catch ;D or me when I'm old. Now If they could just get rid of the white bass and white perch...

g

• View Profile
Good job Bryan. Have caught many throwbacks from 3 to 15 inchers this year. My buddy runs charters for Fishermans Warf and told me the shiner netters are hauling as many juvie walleyes as shiners in their nets. The future looks great for the future. Am bringing the boat back up this weekend so I will try and get in touch with you to see if you are fishing. Keep up the good work.

Vexilar