Ice Fish Ohio Forum

not good, but could be a lot worse-will fish this summer

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks to all who showed concern over my shoulder problem. I will be having surgery in a couple weeks, but it will be an arthroscopic procedure with a 4-6 week recovery time. So by sometime in June I'll be back bass fishing again. I can start moving it day after surgery, so I'll be chasing crappie from the bank somewhere soon after. I'm off work for a week so after therapy I'll probably sit on the bank and fish somewhere everyday that week. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 12:35:50 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Good luck slab. Don't know you but you seem like a good dude, and i can't imagine not being able to fish. I'd be kicking puppies and tearing the heads off teddy bears. Just kidding. Anyway hope you have a speedy recovery and good luck on the crappies. Been hitting em in shallow water so if these cold fronts get out of here you should be hitting it at the right time.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks. It's frustrating, but with this pain I can't cast more than 15 minutes anyway. I'll be good by July 1, and will shore fish til then to scratch the itch. I'll just relax in a lawn chair and wait for the bobber to go down!   ;D :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey joel sad to hear your in pain but roll with it buddy , just take it easy and I hope you heal fast ...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
Yet another reason why ice fishing is better than open water fishing.... No casting until you blow a shoulder out...

Hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks. Hope so. Everybody has said if you follow the instructions the surgeon gives you, it'll feel like new. I'm not going to rush back to bass casting too fast. We'll see how it goes and just crappie fish with bobbers until I'm able to cast.

Team Wilcraft!

kortis04

• View Profile
I had a real serious shoulder surgery when i was 21, basically a replacement.  Follow all instructions and everything will go smooth.  Good luck man.  If you want to fish send me a message we can take my boat, that way i can get the good spots at portage lol

g

• View Profile
Good luck slab. I've had both shoulders done in the past 3 years. The first 1 was a breeze, the tendon wasn't torn. The second one was really a pain, one of the tendons was almost severed. Sounds like you don't have tendon damage if you start therapy so soon. Yea!!! Hope they prescribe the chair I got to use after both surgeries, I strapped my arm in and it would raise it sideways so many degrees and increased it daily. Really helped. Luckily I scheduled mine during winter so I didn't have to cast. As soon as the stitches came out, I was fishing (had to have someone drill my holes though).Do what they say and do your exercises and you will be fine. Good luck and heal quickly.

Vexilar