Ice Fish Ohio Forum

nimi 4-30-15

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
fished north end in a stiff north wind,tried all my ice fishing spots,no luck,went to pizza bay nobody home either,finally started hitting some lumber in the main lake and managed 14 crappies along with some decent gills,water temp was 53-54 used jigs and gulp,all males but one hen crappie she was the largest,actual spawn still aways off.also late post on my erie trip,went to wild wings 4-15,4-16, got some real tankers day one,day two wind kicked up and only got 3 jacks,all fish came on hair jigs tipped with large shiner,28-29ft.near b can.going to try lorain soon,snowcone is getting me fired up,sorry to hear about your injury slab.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:52:41 PM by slabslayer »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks!  Glad you got some fish. I hit the Clear Fork for trout this morning. Part of a pre-surgery bucket list if you will. Got 6 trout in 2 hours, from 8-14 inches. One last trip with the fly rod for a while.

Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar