Ice Fish Ohio Forum

crappie slowing down

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Fished all weekend. Caught a dozen or so fri night at caesars plus a few saugeyes. Limited at paint solo on sat morning but I really had to work for them. A lot of the females were spawned out. Went  sun with a buddy and we fished all day all over the lake and ended up with 46. Obviously you can still catch em but I think the frenzy is over. Have about all the crappie I need for the year anyway. Plan to hit the Saugeye locally if I get a chance next weekend and then I leave for Erie for 5 days on the 27th. YAAAAAY!!! I CANT WAIT!!! Feel like I'm just talking to myself posting on here this time of year but maybe someone will read this and find it useful.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks 30, we are still out here! Glad you are getting some good ones.  Work has got me so busy I ain't even hit the open water one time yet, it won't be long though.  Leaving for a cruise to Alaska in 3 days then it's time for walleye!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks. Bummed to hear that. Can fish again in 10 days. Itching to get out. Thanks for keeping us posted!  Glad you got out and got some fish.   ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar