Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Alum crappie help

buster · 6 · 4344

buster

• View Profile
Hi gang long time
Anyone got any tips or locations for catching crappie on Alum, got a tournament there on Sunday the 31st, and have never fished there (other than the dock tournaments), the way some of these guys have been filling their 8 fish limits (and the big fish pot winners) I could use all the help I can get

Thanks and tight lines,
Ty

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wish I could help you, only fished there 1 time from shore for catfish. Good luck in your tournament!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hey ty, I recommend finding the guy who's been catching the biggest ones and follow him everywhere he goes and where he stops to fish, you stop to fish and so on! Hope this helps!! ;D ;D ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

buster

• View Profile
Brilliant idea Nate
Hopefully someone will have some other ideas, so I don't have to resort to that, but hey at this point I'm not above doing it getting tired of getting my ass kicked every weekend

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Buster I have never fished alum but the one thing I can tell you is that this time of year I usually catch the bigger crappie offshore on dropoffs, deep trees and the mouths of coves. Usually don't get very many so I don't fish that way often but it's usually better fish. Slow trolling or drifting likely areas with minnows or curly tails usually produces. Also small cranks can be good. Hope this helps
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:38:06 PM by 30inthabucket »

buster

• View Profile
Thanks for the help 30, will be going over there tomorrow (before the holiday madness starts), to see what I can do, just haven't decided where on the lake to go yet
Anyone have any good tips for what part of the lake I should try

Vexilar