Ice Fish Ohio Forum

The other day

Banker · 6 · 5069

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
So my daughter and I were returning from a Daddy Daughter date at Arby's and while passing a pond she asks "can we go fishing". Quickly acknowledging what she just said and the fact that we had left over arbys and a palm rod rigged up in the car...I promptly slammed on the breaks and backed up to park on the side of the road. We walked over to a spot that had a culvert coming out and enough height and depth for my daughter and I to sit on the easement with our legs dangling and hand toss the line to about 4-5 ft of water where gills and the occasional bass hang out. I send a test beacon out - a piece of corn beef from our Arby's left over and BAM! It is immediately snatched up by an average sized gill. I bait the gills into a feed frenzy, they put a sliver of corn been on a size 22 hook that I got from a Russian at the St Pauls Ice Show last year. I wield the 1 lb test into the abiss and hold on to my palm rod tight with anticipation..then it happened...one after another, blue gills would hammer the tiny ice jig and Arby's select meat as if it were a night crawler under a bobber. Ice Fishing in May using international competition equipment with my daughter....check!
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Those gills really love curly fries, oh and those bass can't resist a good bronco bite, dip it in a little horsey sauce and look out!! :o ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
 :D nice
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome!  An experience she'll never forget.

P.S. Scott, I enjoyed the article you were featured in crappie world magazine. Nice read!   ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bryan

• View Profile
Awesome story...no man or beast can resist Arby's!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
When I was younger I used left over pizza especialy peperonis to catch small carp on the stillwater river just north of the Martindale bridge. what fun that was. thank you for reminding me of those times. :)

Vexilar