looking for a shappell dx 4000 w/ runner kit
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I think I might buy an Otter. Ive had a few clams frabill and they all fall  apart after 2 years of good use.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
I hate to retire my eskimo traveler. its given me ten seasons.  replaced a lot of pole clips which was expensive and last year the zipper gave out.
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I wish the Clam's would hold up like that. I'm either going to replace the material or buy a new one. Clam isn't standing behind this product after less than a year. They said the seams coming apart is normal wear and tear after 60 days.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Which clam did you get? I got a new one last year (1 man runner thermal) and it held up amazingly well and i fished almost every day. The only problem I had was when I overtightened one of the nuts on an extension pole and stripped the threads. I called to get a new one and they actually sent me 2, one for a spare with no questions asked. I'm surprised that you had a problem with them, normally I've heard good things about Clam customer service. Sorry you had a bad experience and your shanty isn't holding up, that sucks.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Pro TC 1 man. The seams on the front and back pulled apart. The bolts and hardware were crap. The replacements were also junk. The sled was deformed (replaced by BPS not clam) and now 90% of the black coating on the inside has flaked off. I sent the tent to clam and the said it was misuse. So now I need to buy something, either a tent or a new shack.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That sucks!  Guess I was fortunate and got one that wasn't made on a Monday or Friday!   :o  Mine survived some heavy use or abuse depending on how you look at it.  From -18 Temps to rain to snow to being in the back of my truck all winter it held up great. I hope you have better success with your next shelter. The season will be upon us before we know it!  Can't wait!  ;D  Got the material to build my new smitty sled that will fit the new shanty today. Going to start construct this weekend!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar