Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New season

quackpot

• View Profile
Is anyone else getting excited about this coming winter? With the fun I'm having lately I haven't been interested in soft water fishing. I'm searching for a ice machine for this year so I can go to Erie more. I can't wait for the tournaments to start so I can see everyone again. Be safe and I will see you on the ice.

g

• View Profile
I've been ready for ice since the first week of 80 degree weather. Wish it would hurry up and get cold again. Hope you get an ice machine of some sort. Can't wait to ice fish Erie again. With all the throwbacks this summer, there should be plenty of eaters to catch this winter. Yea.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Yep ice fishing  season can't get here soon enough! Temps  projected  into the 90's is way to hot for me and I don't even want to think about the humidity.  Yikes it's gonna be brutal.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sure is. To hot for me too. I didn't take my boat out Saturday because it's too hot!   Bring on the ice! ! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah after the last couple days at work I'm really starting to look forward to some chilly mornings in a tree stand and  even freezing my ass off on the ice. Hopefully this year I'll get myself a shanty. Still looking for a used one man flip but if I can't find one I guess I'll just break down and buy a new one. This summer has been just awful for me. Do most of my fishing this time of year wading in the river, but we've had so much rain I haven't been able to get out. And fishing local ponds really Sucks when the mosquitos are this bad. Ok I'm done complaining. Bring on the fall/winter

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey I love ice fishing ...BUT.....lets not go too fast here, I'm getting old fast enough   heheheh......
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Hardly ever use my shanty except to carry my gear. Use it sometimes so I can read my flasher but otherwise I like staying outside.  Hate when I am in the shanty and get off the seat to land a fish and the wind blows the shanty on top of me. Good times.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Those actually look really cool!  Where did you find them?  I love that kind of stuff.  :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
I got them at a auction and only gave $20. I saw one one other time at a auction. I just need to deside what reel I'm going to put on them. It's either old spinning of bait cast.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's cool. You'll have to keep us posted about the results and what kind of action your lure gets with those rods. I would think the old reels would be easier than the rods to find though. Please post a pic of your completed setups when you get your reels put on. I'd love to see them.   :)

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
With the chilly temps this morning you know the clock is ticking. I've been getting my cold weather fix by watching ice lake rebels.

quackpot

• View Profile
Snowcone it's not old it's seasoned. Retirement just makes more time for ice fishing.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I'm gonna have to toughen back up to the cool weather. Went out this morning early. Hands were cold as soon as they got wet.lol. may not be ready for ice yet

quackpot

• View Profile
You won't have to toughen up. You will be overheating with excitement as you load your equipment.

Vexilar