Ice Fish Ohio Forum

erie n wally

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey folks , haven't been on site for a bit .  I have been up on erie..   thurs....left hot waters about  noon ish , headed towards the sand bar and found good marks just north of beaver. set up was dipsy on outside rod 92 back with pink crawler , about 1.7  to 2. troll speed  e to west...in 50  fow.....2 man ticket of eyes...   Friday , hit up my way points and trolled west again, wound up with 10 eyes for the 2 of us.......sat.....out again went n w to 45 fow  set out dipsys on 3 setting  with crawler rig...pink and gold and orange working good, at 75 to 110 back...9 eyes today with a lot of small eyes throw back..and the usual farm animals .....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome!  Glad you're into the eyes!  I was up there last Friday and got some of the farm animals also along with a few nice bass. I was near the lighthouses.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bryan

• View Profile
Way to put the smack down on them!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

g

• View Profile
Great job. Hope you get to keep it going.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thnx guys, been a strange year , so many storms and so much rain.. was up sun again out of lorain, put 5 eyes in boat. seems like the fish were glued to the bottom. largest was 8 lb....same program ..north to the 45 ft line ,    shiners right now are hard to come by , tried netting some but there scarce...perch is picking up at st. anthanys....hey slab I wonder if that was you I saw fishing the fog horn ?   

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't know. I was out at Erie yesterday. Did a lot of drop shotting around edgewater park. Fished the lighthouses quite a bit and hit the wall by whiskey island. Got a few nice bass and lost count of the sheepshead. Just felt nice to fish from my own boat for the first time since April before my surgery!  Wanted to hit the GLLS tournament in mentor but overslept so i went out at edgewater.  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey joel, I know it was nice for you to get out ...most of the time I head out of hot waters and I see guys hittin up the walls and fog horn . I have tried that wall fishing but I look out towards open water and a little voice in my head says go , throttle up and take the ball cap off ....sorry got carried away.....do you eat any fish you get or is it just funzies....funny story sun....went out to my way points and started setting up rods , got first dipsey set up with my favorits gold harness and threw it over the side, at that same moment I realized I forgot to clip  it on my pole, as I watched the whole mess sink like stone the only thing I could think of was  good job forrest....

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ugh, that's awful. I did that once with a chatterbait and my favorite pliars. Cut the lose end of the line off, put my lure in the pliars holder and chucked my pliars right in the water. So maddening!  >:(  Just fun fishing yesterday though. If I'd picked up any walleye or perch, probably would've kept them but all I got was bass and sheepshead. I don't like to eat either of those. So it was just a fun trip to let my gear see water in 2015. I'll be back out again soon!  Glad you got some nice ones despite the dipsey incident!  :-\

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar