Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Any perch Bryan?

g · 10 · 5930

g

• View Profile
How goes it Bryan? Nate said you were switching to perch jerking. Have you been doing any good yet? Hope so.

Bryan

• View Profile
It's going!
This Saturday will be my first perch charter of the year...and they are forecasting a northeast wind. We shall see! I'll post my results...stay tuned!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

g

• View Profile
Hope you get into some jumbos. I should be up this weekend and will probably perch fish too. If I get onto some nice  fish, I will give you a shout. I usually fish around Kellys.

Bryan

• View Profile
I took my group out southwest of Rattlesnake, we caught fish pretty steady till 11 then it really slowed down. We caught around 45 fish with probably 10 throw backs. OK size...not jumbos. One nice thing was we only caught 3 trash fish!
The group was happy and scheduled another trip next month.
Oh...and I got another "personal best" in the walleye department, I caught a 3 or 4 INCH baby, the SMALLEST walleye I've ever caught! LOL!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Wow that's a nice walleye, glad you got some perch and everyone was happy, talk to ya soon
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome day!  Going to get the walleye mounted?  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Nice job Bryan. I should have gone perch fishing instead of walleyes. Too much grass. I caught a walleye that size earlier this year fishing with Nate. It was barely longer than my stinger spoon. The future for walleyes looks good. Yea!!!

Bryan

• View Profile
HAHAHA! I'll hopefully catch him again in about 12 or 13 years...then get him mounted! Looking back I wish I would have at least taken a pic of him!

Nate...I have a FUNNY hazards story for the next time I see you!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Can't wait I love that place,by the way when do they close up for the season
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey you guys rock, hows the algea up around the isles, I know I'm seeing a lot out of lorain even 5-6 miles out....im laughing about those small eyes I have caught a bunch just around 12 inches.....this has been a great year for eyes ,,I cant seem to tear myself away to perch fish...but you guys keep hammerin them.... ps  my hot colors ......purple, gold, orange, marsh mello....pink.....see ya ..............
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar