Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Spoon colors

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Had never really used spoons much until last year when I started ice fishing. After seeing the action they have I really got into them. Done well on hard and soft water , but finding much of a selection is pretty tough around here. Othrr than pimples there isnt much out there. Even online I couldn't find some of the size/color combos I wanted so this is my solution. Bought some cheap plain spoons off e bay some lure tape and some new treble hooks and made my own. Not much of an invention but I now have a wide variety of colors and it was waaaay cheaper than buying name brand spoons.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I catch some great fish on spoons... ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too!   Those look great!   Should bring up some good crappie this winter.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

MEKlukow

• View Profile
Awesome idea! Other than going onto sites like Northland or Clam, it's really hard to find ice fishing spoons around here. Definitely going to give this a shot. Have you practiced with any of them yet? Sometimes I have a lot of luck throwing Swedish pimples in summer and fall

g

• View Profile
Nice job 30. Prism tape is a great way to doctor spoons to change to the hot color. I use them on crawler harness blades in the summer too.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
my first go to color is GOLD. then gold, hehehe.....in the spring a heavy gold jig spoon with a big minnow bouncing up and down off the bottom is game on....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
I'm with snowcone, gold always seems to work well for me.  Followed closely by copper and chrome.  favorite color..  probably fire tiger or pink tiger

Vexilar