Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Twin Lakes in Kent -- help!

MEKlukow · 17 · 18647

MEKlukow

• View Profile
I've heard that Twin Lakes in NE Ohio is a private area that only residents can fish, but I've also seen a few posts about it on here. Are the residents ok with anglers using the lake during the winter? Would we have to get permission from someone? Any input would be great! Thank you!!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've been wondering the same thing. Heard stories of big fish in there, and there's a place I could park near 43, but never have. Any info appreciated.

P S. Welcome to the site!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Twin lakes tavern is the bomb.com
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
welcome to the site....I have fished from shore there but never gave it much thought for the ice...heck ill give it a try.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Jbisky

• View Profile
They will call the sheriff on you if you don't have a guest pass or fish with a resident.

MEKlukow

• View Profile
Thanks everyone! Guess I'll just have to try somewhere else

Aristarchus

• View Profile
Does anyone have a guest pass to fish there? Just curious to see how the reaction would be if someone were to politely and eloquently request permission. I drive through there constantly and have to resist the temptation to park by the tavern and toss a line in. There is also that gravel pit nearby as well.

Hopefully it wouldn't be like this:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:28:54 PM by Aristarchus »
"The farther he goes, the more he realizes that he is standing on slippery places and if he allows himself for one moment to lose his simplicity and humility, a fall is inevitable."

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
Never hurts to ask, if you don't ask you will never get in, but if you do ask your chances greatly improve. Don't be afraid to ask multiple residents.

Aristarchus

• View Profile
True. Maybe I'll stop and talk to some folks next time I'm through that way. I had thought of asking at the tavern since they have a dock. There was an apartment right on the water that I had been hoping would open up for rent at some convenient time.
"The farther he goes, the more he realizes that he is standing on slippery places and if he allows himself for one moment to lose his simplicity and humility, a fall is inevitable."

Twinlakes77

• View Profile
I live in Twin Lakes and the residents and lake property owners don't like outsiders fishing there.
Not in the summer or winter. It's private for a reason. Just perks to being a property owner.

Bigeyurk25

• View Profile
I've fished that quarry near by that I think someone was meaning by gravel pit, caught some gills and have seen some monster bass, but have only fished it once. Gotta park at the park on Ravenna rd and cross street and walk down path, cross railroad tracks and then fish it

Twinlakes77

• View Profile
Is that quarry private property? Or is it open to the public?
Thanks,

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I live in Twin Lakes and the residents and lake property owners don't like outsiders fishing there.
Not in the summer or winter. It's private for a reason. Just perks to being a property owner.

hhmmm   figured you live there thought you would know that ,  ;D   and as far as I know nobody owns the water    RIGHT....

Twinlakes77

• View Profile
I get what you're saying. I'm fairly new to the areas fishing seen. I rather play it safe. I preferr to have permission before I venture out onto someone's property.  Thanks for responding though.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well bud there has been a lot of debate over this , now let me see if I can get this right, if you access a body of water on the ice or by boat legally then nobody can harass you , and if they do a bunch of years ago the no harassing law is there to protect us from those that try. now I'm not trying to stir the mud . this is a big deal for some that wade fish because you cant touch the ground under the water . now myself I'm from California and don't really give a hoot about all these inland mud hole lakes, I like erie, because I never saw so much dirty water until I moved here....good luck out there be safe  ;Dand catch lots ...

Vexilar