Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lima Area Reservoirs

toadfish

• View Profile
If anyone wants to tag team any of the Lima reservoirs this winter, let me know.  I would like to try to find perch or walleye in them with someone with some knowledge on how to fish these unique bodies of water.  I would mainly fish during the week after work, but maybe on weekends when and if we get ice.  Crappies and bluegill may become tagets if the perch or eyes don't cooperate.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Mullygyn

metzgers and ferguson have nice perch.

bresslers has nice saugeye.

lima lake has nice trout

toadfish

• View Profile
Hey Mullygyn,
I know Fergie and Metzger have nice perch, I have caught some from the bank in the fall.  I have seen lots caught from the bank.  I don't have a boat I can put on either bodies of water, so I try to find fish in winter.  I have not been too successful yet.  I have caught lots of small sub legal 'eyes, but have yet to catch a perch on either reservoir through the ice.  There is lots of water to cover there when fishing alone.  Nearly every time I have been there, I am the only one fishing.  I am sure if I could find fish, I could catch some.

I do have a Vexilar FL-20 and a one-man Shappell rover flip-over shanty.  I have tried nearly all areas of Ferguson pond except the SE corner.  I have nearly worn out blades on my 5" lazer auger drilling holes trying to mark perch to no avail.  I am looking for area to concentrate on or areas where others have been successful.

Bressler has nice perch too and I know some folks have been catching some of them recently.  I have been able to find crappies at Bressler along the north side in 40+ foot of water, but they were pretty small.  Never caught an 'eye there.

Shoot me a PM if you know when you are going to fish and I'll see if we can help each other find fish.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

firemedic17

• View Profile
toadfish, i am kinda new to the ice fishing, but live close to reservoirs and want to fish them this winter. maybe we could connect and  assist each other, i have shelter and velexar.

Vexilar