Ice Fish Ohio Forum

What to do in an emergency?

Guest · 3 · 5338

Mullygyn

Now seems about right to dig into the what ifs. We're all 'dying' to get out and fish.. We all know no ice is safe and we should know how to get out of the water amd what tools to achieve that but do we all know what to do if we are lucky enough to get out??
Example- say you are on.. Erie, out by F can... Alone... Walked out there...
How do we survive the frigid walk home???

My $.2- I do fish alone sometimes and carry a flair gun in a zip lock bag along with my cell phone.But now that I think about the worst case, I guess I don't have a clue what to do.
There's horor stories daily now about people going through because people push the limits.Let do our best to be safe.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:04:07 PM by Mullygyn »

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Yes, that really is something to think about,maybe not fish alone,but i know we all have,I guess just be as safe as possible,dont take risks,and think out a plan if it does happen. :-\ watch Bankers video on ice safety.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:47:11 PM by holehopper »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I think I would walk as far as I could and set my shanty back up and warm up , then keep going in stages until back to truck, and hope I'm not dug in fairing a storm , but the aliens did show me how to make my bait glow.  8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar