Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Guys on Ice 1-12-2016!

toadfish

• View Profile
Saw a guy in a shanty on a channel on grand lake 1-12-2016.  I as not dressed to get out and talk when the temp was 13 with a 25mph wind, but he did walk on ice to where the shanty was set-up.  Got my gear each and will try it tomorrow after work until dark.  I hope to not join the polar bear club.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report. Let us know.  I'll be up there this weekend if there's safe ice there and not indian

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I did the ole drive around the lake today after work, I was quite surprised to see the lake completely lock in as far as I could see,  I didn't take my spud bar with me but I did a few  foot stomping checks in some channels . I didn't pop through but not an accurate way to check ice, I did see one guy fishing in a channel and he did say there was 3-4" of ice on and in another channel he said the ice was only about 1". As far as the catch, I didn't ask

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow that's    well      :o
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

toadfish

• View Profile
I gave it a go 1-13-2016 on a channel from about 3:30 until nearly dark.  only about 2 1/2" of good, clear ice.  I got 1 small crappie and lots of marks but not many biters.  A channel nearby had 4-5" of ice.  It was nice to be out and soaking jigs and walking on water again.  Too bad it looks short lived with rain and warm over the weekend until the temps drop again.

BE CAREFUL!!

toadfish

• View Profile
I heard a guy went through at the spot I fished Wednesday. He went through on Thursday when temps were in the mid 40s.  I hope he is OK and did not lose any gear.  It was about 6 and a half or 7 feet deep.  Always carry your safety gear!

Bryan78

• View Profile
Hey ice dog if you talked to someone at Andersons the other day that would've been me. Caught plenty of gills and a few small crappies but only one big enough to keep.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
    Must have been you, I haven't been back out yet, can't hit the ice till Friday , only good thing about the ice conditions , I've save a ton of vacations

Bryan78

• View Profile
I can't fish again until the weekend. Flying down to Florida tomorrow and won't be back till Friday.

Vexilar