Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Getting a new Flasher any ideas?

jiggin junkie

• View Profile
I have used an Vex FL-20 since it came out, unfortunately it has been stolen! I am hoping to get one this Friday and was thinking about the FL-28. Can anyone give me the pro's/Con's? Any help is appreciated!

quackpot

• View Profile
I have a 28 and everyone has their own opinion but I think it's great. This is my second year with it and I'm thinking about getting a second.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Haha what makes you think he will stop at 2, he has 10 of everything
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

jiggin junkie

• View Profile
Lol. Why would u need two, quackpot?
I loved the fl-20 I had. But I do like the display and the digital depth on the 28. I have never seen the 28 in action but I'm sure I will like it.

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
I upgraded to a lx7. Be here in the morning.
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have the 28 and it's amazing. Absolutely love it. Got it Lat fall and use it from my Jon boat as well. Would recommend to anyone.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Downthehole

• View Profile
Lol. Why would u need two, quackpot?

He's looking for a bigger truck.....needs gear to fill it again!  :)
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

quackpot

• View Profile
I will have room because I'm going to sell my 8 that has all the bells and whistles. I just need to figure a price so I can list it.

g

• View Profile
Quackpot needs 2 flashers. He has 2 arms so he can jig 2 poles. So why wouldn't he need a flasher for each rod? 

Downthehole

• View Profile
I will have room because I'm going to sell my 8 that has all the bells and whistles. I just need to figure a price so I can list it.

I like your style - 1 in / 1 out....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

g

• View Profile
I have the fi18 and love the zoom feature. Have had it for over ten years.  I was going to upgrade this year and was looking at the Marcum lx7. There so many good units on the market you just need to figure out what features you want and go from there. Like slabslayer, I use mine year round and the zoom was a feature I really wanted. I recommend getting one with the flat screen since they are readable in sunlight. I have trouble reading my old style ib bright direct sun. Good luck on deciding which unit to buy.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
I have the LX 7 also. It's upgradable and the technology is second to none for an ice unit IMO.

quackpot

• View Profile

Saw guy

• View Profile
I have had an fl-28 for two years. It's a great unit. However, if it was stolen, and I had to replace it, I would get the fl-18. I think it gives you more for the money IMO. In other words, for the extra money that you spend, I don't think that the added features are worth it.

Vexilar