Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Jan 16th

Downthehole

• View Profile
All,

I'm thinking that unless we get some strange "Day After Tomorrow" type weather in the next couple of days we are not going to see a lot of ice this weekend. A dock tournament on Saturday might be more realistic.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
I've been thinking the same thing Andy. I'll be at the docks, tournament or not. Caught some nice ones Sat evening after the tournament.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
How'd it go last week? Decided to fish rocky fork and do some hunting. Fishing was good. Hunting not so much.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Seems Dave isn't going to post results, I guess because he won. Dave took Crappie pot and I took eye and big fish. Think there were only 4 Crappie caught and I had the only eye.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Lol. You would think he'd be more likely to post results since he won. I got 16 keeper crappie and 6 perch at rocky on sat. I had fun at the couple tourneys I fished with you guys but it's hard to drive up there when rocky is closer and I can usually catch fish there.

Downthehole

• View Profile
30, it was a strange days fishing. Usually I catch plenty of gills, white bass, perch and one or two of the target species. On Saturday we saw very few bites of any kind. Fish would come and circle bait but not hit it. We had bait fish breaking the surface and perfect conditions for fishing too. That said it was still a good day (always is).....good to see everyone and fish.

quackpot

• View Profile
If Indian freezes I will be there fishing, if not I can donate time there. I have to take a gas auger up to deliver that I sold Saturday also.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hey guys let's cut Dave some slack,he's super busy right now with the fishing expo,it's crunch time finalizing all the last minute details. I'm sure he will update when he catches his breath ;)
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Saw guy

• View Profile
It's always great to see everyone, but if I fish on Saturday, it will probably be for a few hours early in the day, or a few hours later. Fishing has been too slow out there to waste a Saturday on the docks.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Last week was very tough, marked fish but getting them to commit was another story. The last 45minutes of daylight was a feeding frenzy.

g

• View Profile
I keep hearing the fishing is better later in the afternoon and evening so how about doing one later in the day.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Its crazy how that place comes alive in the evenings g

jiggin junkie

• View Profile
Anyone going to be out there Saturday evening? I am thinking me and a buddy might come down and fish.

Downthehole

• View Profile
All,

Jan 16th Dock Tourney has been cancelled - see attached post:

http://www.icefishohio.com/index.php?topic=12833.0;topicseen

Andy

Vexilar