Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2016 Kiser Lake ice conditions and fishing reports

panfish_hunter

• View Profile
Looking for any reports from Kiser, figuring this weekend will be a no good but looking forward to next  ;D Maybe we can keep this post going for 2016
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:06:47 PM by panfish_hunter »
Addicted newbie

Jawjacker12

• View Profile

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
Just got back there is 2-3" I think I will try tomorrow. East end.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I have never fished this lake in the Winter. I'm going to wait until I hear it has no less than 4. I imagine with the temps that are coming Monday might be the day to see what she's holding.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Checked the ice tonight the west side was 3.5" of clear ice, and the east side was 3.25". Someone took a shanty out from the pier on the east end.

bruce136

• View Profile

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
THANKS for report I was waiting fore safe ice. so maybe get my shanty on ice after owning for 3 years, & this will be first time with shanty. & heater lol !

panfish_hunter

• View Profile
Thanks for the report!, they're always appreciated on this forum. I'm sad to say that I wont be able to make it out until this weekend. At least were finally getting ice was starting to get worried lol.
Addicted newbie

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Went out Tuesday on Kiser for first time this year fished the east end of lake there was 4 or 5 guys out there ice was 4 to 5 inches and building more. caught 25 keeper gills in 5 hours anything with orange on it with a wax worm was working but they wanted the bait moving jigged hard for some reason also 4 to 5 feet was the depth
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

g

• View Profile
Great job firefish. Appreciate the report. I plan on going to Indian Fri. afternoon and Sat. If yu are going maybe we can get together.

Salmonid

• View Profile
a huge group of IFO and OGF'rs fished there Thursday, Friday and today, most of us were on the upper end, ice today was almost 6", bite has been steady but slow unless you freak into a rare honeyhole but lots of 7-8" gills being caught, a few, very few, crappies and most Ive seen or heard were short, and a few decent LMB caught here and there, waxies mostly, Perch been slow also, I got only 1 I heard about today and on Thursday, both about 9", Thursday was over 40 people on the upper end, today over 50, getting VERY crowded, we moved out of the pack and did as well or better on our own, I hate when folks just go to the groupings of shanties and fish right next to you. Hitting it tomorrow as well only because I HATE Indian with a passion and have heard some real horror stories in the last 3 days with parking near Blackhawk and Long Island, LOL

wmwhitten

• View Profile
Went out this afternoon Fished from 4Pm till 6PM caught 2 perch one 9" and one 10" my partner caught 2 nice keeper bluegill. perch were caught on small silver hologram spoon tipped with a minnow. bluegill caught on a small glow jig and a midge. Headed back out in the Morning. Got to try out my new flip up sled and Lowrance Mark 5 elite flasher, both worked great.

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Was up yesterday with a newbie...he is hooked😀
I was with Tin guppy. Headed back out same area Salmonid, be out on ice 6:30. Prob same area or might get a wild hair and hit North bay. Seems to be less crowded there for sure.
"The spirit of the bow dwells in the hearts of all young men."

bruce136

• View Profile
Thursday: went with 2 other guys. 1 perch and kept 20 blue hills.
 Friday: went by myself. Fished 2 hours. Kept 36 keeper blue gill and lost a 13 inch crappie at the hole.(see picture)
 Saturday: fished with 1 other person. Kept 20 BG. Caught a single 9" crappie.

Vexilar