Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2016 Kiser Lake ice conditions and fishing reports

Salmonid

• View Profile
fished today with Pondfin@ic and his daughter Alaina,  got there at or before sunup and already a dozen guys out... anyways we did well on gills, 34 of em, half would have kept maybe, we released them all. No crappies or perch from any of the dozen or so groups we talked to early. all in the first 2 hrs then the switch was thrown, I talked to everyone who all had a similar story,  all on spikes or waxies,  really crowded as we left around 10 am, over 60 folks I estimated on upper end. so we left and headed to a private pond, I did get 2 bass on minnows, 3.5 and a 3 lber, loved that!!   Looks like tomorrow may be the last day of the early season.  Im hitting 3 spots near Dayton tomorrow early afternoon, will bounce around till I get to good ice and hit it hard till dark. be safe folks, .

Salmonid

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Hey Bruce what's a blue hill? are they hard to catch? I have never caught one, do they get very big?  ;D ;D ;D ::)

wmwhitten

• View Profile
Got out again this Morning fished from 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM, caught a bass right off then 6 keeper blue gill and 2 perch.

roosterfish

• View Profile
Fished Sunday from 8:30am – 3:00pm. Mixed bag of mostly gills, but did get a couple of bass, a nice crappie, and the perch below. I bounced between a jig & a slender spoon (both tipped with waxies). They seemed to want something moving, and the slender spoon out fished the jig 2:1. Tons of people out there…..shame the weather is going to spoil everyone’s fun!!!

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Any bait stores open in the area?  i notice many are shut. Looking for Minows.

wmwhitten

• View Profile

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile

Vexilar