Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crappie Double Clutch Rig

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
 Take a small road runner jig,remove the small split ring and spinner blade.Now tie to your line,next take a piece of leader 3ft. long and tie it to the small swivel where you removed split ring and blade,next tie a second jig to end of leader,bait with live minnows or your favorite plastics,now you can fish one jig near bottom,and the other will be 3ft. up from bottom,or anywhere in between,was working well for me last season,caught crappies on both jigs,no double headers though,but you could.Also no tangles like when you use a dropper.Give it a try works for me. ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:10:39 PM by holehopper »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey hopper I kinda have a similar deal on one of my rods, I use a cast master and put on a leader with a jig   8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
are you leaving the treble hook on the spoon,or are you using it as a attractor for the jig? that's pretty much my erie perch rig.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah ya got me that is one of  my erie perch rigs but I down sized it for ice   :D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
yes,for ice i'll take a small spoon and remove the treble,and attach a clip on 3in. single hook stinger.

Vexilar