Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Checking the ice...

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
I'm gonna go to Delaware this weekend to check the ice and if its thick enough I'm gonna punch some holes and make a weekend out of it... Anybody interested in joining me???
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I may be.  I'm not sure of my schedule quite yet but don't know of anything going on either.  I'll shoot you a PM with my number if you want to chat.

Slick50

• View Profile
I personally would really appreciate you posting what you find out about ice thickness. Would be nice to out there.......

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
It wouldn't be a problem at all, checking the thickness will be an ongoing thing
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:22:42 AM by FrozenBuckeye »

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
MD told me yesterday the ice is about 5-6" with slightly muddy water but I'm going out this afternoon to see if its thickened or thinned since then. I will post an update asap!

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Checked the ice on the lake, roughly 5-7" with a few thin spits over the channel. Saw and spoke to a guy who was on his way off the ice and he said the bite was slow and I didn't stick around after punching some holes here in there to get a measure. I'm going out next weekend to fish but I'll keep checking different areas of the lake to keep an eye on ice growth

Vexilar