Ice Fish Ohio Forum

12/28/2017 Anyone know how the ice is coming along?

Crazy4Smallmouth

• View Profile
Hello, I'm new to the area, but I have heard Willard is a good ice fishing lake. I live 50 minutes away or I'd check it out myself. Any ice info would be great! Thanks

AtticaFish

• View Profile
    • JigCraft.com
Not sure if i would categorize it as 'good'.... a pain in the a$$ comes to mind first.  Don't get me wrong, there are good fish in there, it is just tough to fish in my personal experience.  Very Very clear water and the weeds are all but gone from how they used to be in the past.  Doesn't mean i won't give it a try again though.  The bluegill and walleye get very large in there. Used to get decent perch as well, but i have not had much luck with them the past few years during any season.

I have not heard anything about the ice yet.  I need to run over to Willard on Saturday afternoon and probably will at least do a drive by of the res to take a look.

Bmazza02

• View Profile
If anyone has checked the ice please let me know on here or text me. I am thinking about going Monday.  Thanks Brian 419-515-7271

Crazy4Smallmouth

• View Profile
So, Brian, did you go yesterday? If so, how was the ice and did you catch anything?

Vexilar