Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Giving false info

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I know we are all fishermen and as the old saying goes early to bed early to rise fish like hell and make up lies. That's all fine and dandy when it comes to your catch but when you report that you have 7-8 " of good ice to your local bait shop some people take that to heart and forget fishermen gave that report. I've punched holes all over Indian Lake the last couple of days and have yet to find more than 5 inches of ice with areas of open water to skim ice. You may think it's not a big deal but now you have older guys and younger pups walking straight out on the lake and not spudding a thing. The truth is right now is the most dangerous time other than ice out , so when you report ice thickness be on the conservative side . Rant over , fish on!!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
bravo   ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yep, giving inaccurate, false or misleading ice condition formation could cost someone their lives.

Granted, we're all responsible for our own safety while on the ice, but nobody wants to be mislead either.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 All excellent points,and thank you!! We are not required to give away our secret spots but a little help to guys starting out or seasoned ice veterans is what it's all about. Letting people in on baits or colors or water depth won't hurt. We never want to steer anyone in the wrong direction, it could cost them in the ultimate way. We must always remember that we all started out somewhere  and someone showed us,now we're just returning the favor. NO ICE IS SAFE ICE ALWAYS CHECK FOR YOUR SELF.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

fool4fish

• View Profile
Double bravo notice
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

quackpot

• View Profile
I heard that false report from three different people and it gave me chills. It should be said that there is ice or not but should take all necessary measures to insure safety.

Vexilar