Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crappies

Bryan78

• View Profile
Does anyone ever do very well on crappies at grand lake through the ice? I've only caught a few small ones and have yet to really get into them as compared to Indian Lake.

nags

• View Profile
Crappies seem to disappear when ice comes on.

Bryan78

• View Profile
It definitely seems that way. They stick around pads at Indian Lake but idk where the schools go under the ice. I did get a perch the other day so I got my hopes up but didn't get any more.

Hatch81

• View Profile
I caught a couple crappies at Anderson's Monday evening. Those were my first two ever on
Through the ice on grand lake. I've seen guys get some on early ice at Coldwater creek. Also heard of guys getting them early at other spots. Perch fishing should get real good in a couple years. State stocked 16 million fry and 1.5 million fingerlings this spring. They have stocked 100,000 fingerlings the previous three years. Those fish are getting caught but not in good numbers.

toadfish

• View Profile
Perch numbers will dwindle, state did their last stockling spring of 2015 due to allegedly low catch rates.  Too bad, I love to catch perch on Grand Lake or anywhere for that matter.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Hatch81

• View Profile
You are thinking of walleye. Perch will be stocked again this spring.

Vexilar