Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fished today

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Fished Nettle today from 8am to 5 pm. Tough bite. :( :( Drilled close to 60 holes today. Fished from 3' to 25'. Lots of lookers this morning but no takers. 3 of us fishing. Finally went to my go to spot in 25' this afternoon and started marking consistently at 18' Ice was 7-1/2" in the hole. Rest of ice was 4-1/2" plus. Open water in the middle from geese. A lot of lookers and followers but few takers. Used white, blue, green, red, yellow, pink, black, etc. Plastics, wax, spikes and minnows. Finally they hit on orange teardrop with spikes. Not a single taker on minnows. Ended up with 3 keeper gills and 1 - 9" crappie and 10 dink gills. Dropped the AquaVu down and about 4' of visibility. No one else on lake until 3 pm when 2 other fisherman showed up and went where we were in the morning, then about 4 pm two ice skaters showed up.  Planning to give it another shot in the morning. :)
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Good job on what you got Jeff,it was not a skunk. :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
I was thinking it was going to be in the morning. ;)
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes