Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anyone been fishing Delaware this year on the ice

beanz8817

• View Profile
I'm going out todayand have been thinking about Delaware any one going today

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Went out yesterday, only checked the thickness. Spoke to a guy who said they weren't biting. I'm going to do some fishing on my next day off
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I fished Delaware Friday eve for about an hour and a half.  Was my maiden voyage and didn't bring my shanty, only my spud bar and sled.  Hit a small cove and to my surprise there was a shanty sitting where I had planned on going.  Still went out spudding along the way with good ice 5" or so where I drilled.  Caught a few small crappie and a small gill.  Nothing impressive by any means.

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Did u have a dog with you?

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Nope I didn't.  I wasn't out very long mainly just checking on things and seeing if I could luck into a few.  I probably won't fish Delaware again until after the last thaw.  I tend to not catch as much when the water is mud so I'll probably stick to Alum, Indian or Buckeye for the remainder of whatever ice we have/get back.

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Well another season is slowly passing us and it was definitely a mild one. I myself only got 2 out of 75 of my usual ice days compared to previous seasons. I'm hopeful that next year will be as good as the 2013/14 and 2014/15 winters. Some (if not all) spots I checked were nearly 19" of ice and this year barely broke 5! I hope everyone had a good season and feel free to contact me any time with questions about the lake or if you'd like to go fishing or you just want to chat.

Tight lines!

Vexilar