Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Sunday afternoon 1/24

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Went out of Fairfield with the rest of Columbus it seemed this afternoon.  Had my 3yr old with me and we headed out with the shanty, little buddy heater, some snacks and our gear.  Drilled 3 holes, had minnows/jig and minnow on in 2 and jig and spike in the other.  Caught a few crappie with the biggest 12.5", a few gills with the biggest was right at 9", a wiper, and one keeper saugeye late.  Lots of fun but my little guy tried my patience some and we lost a few because dad was trying to let him set the hook and reel them in.  He did catch the big gill though which was pretty cool.

I wish I lived closer to Buckeye!

jiggin junkie

• View Profile
    Managed 5 keepers after dark, and threw back about another 9 short ones. Missed a hand full and lost three at the hole. Biggest was almost 21 inches!

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Nice work!  Had I not had the little guy with me I would have stayed out longer than I did.  We just got back to the car at dusk.

g

• View Profile
Sweet. Nice catch jj. Glad you got your little one out with you MDB. Start building memories early.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
a great catch JJ
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar