Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES PORTAGE LAKES EVENT

fishingful

• View Profile
Your doing a great job man. I run Parks and Recreation events and programs for a living so I know not everyone can be happy even if it was your full time job.

I stoped by the bait store today. The guy that runs it is really nice. He opens at 7 every day if he is not there ring the bell. I don't remember when he said he closed but he said anytime you needed bait ring the bell and he would come down. He lives upstairs. Tourniment day he will be open at 6. He has some ice equipment and lures. The is actualy a bunch of stuff in there. More than I thought there would be.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks fishingful,long lake baits has been a huge help for this series. He's open from 7 to 7,but like you said ring the bell and he will assist you. Stop in and see what's happening inside and say hello.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

quackpot

• View Profile
I'm going to watch reports before I make a decision. It would be a long wet ride home.

nixmkt

• View Profile
It is true that you will never be able to please everyone and your decisions are only ones that matter.  Just having a hard time comprehending that the MAJORITY of the fishing field requested that the allowable fishing area on North be reduced to only approximately half of the reservoir and then that same MAJORITY of the fishing field collectively changed their minds and requested the entire reservoir area be opened back up.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I actually made the call to limit the area due to sketchy ice and also by limiting the area it allowed me to better see the field . That's when the majority started requesting it be opened back up. Safety is my number one concern and just like the wingfoot event I will PERSONALLY check conditions before making a final decision
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Fish2Win

• View Profile
Sounds like Nixmkt spots are on the back side of north reservoir!!!😁 I'm going hole hunting tomorrow!! Dead give away!! I'm onto to you Tom!!

nixmkt

• View Profile
Sounds like Nixmkt spots are on the back side of north reservoir!!!😁 I'm going hole hunting tomorrow!! Dead give away!! I'm onto to you Tom!!

Gonna be difficult to find em. Those ones are camouflaged.   ;)

crappieboo420

• View Profile
If all of long lake is open I will be there
Lowrance,Grandpa bobs custom jigs,
Budweiser,Eskimo,little atom,custom jig and spin,vmc.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
All of long lake and north reservoir will be open to fishing. Stay tuned for the final call on Saturday as this warm up approaches.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Was on North today. Ice 6 inches of black ice. Edges by handicap area were good. Caught 4 cats.

nixmkt

• View Profile
See that Check-in is at 6:30.

What is the Start/Release time?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 As soon as check in is over and we go over the rules we will all release at the same time. Around 7-715.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Talked to Long Bait today. He says his parking lot will only hold 15 cars max. So he suggested if you are planning on fishing North ( like I am) that it would help if we park at North and walk over to check in/weigh in.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I agree and would ask that event fishermen please park at the odnr public lot across from long lake baitsparking is limited and so is maneuverability
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Just a reminder to all who plan on fishing tomorrow to please bring correct change to the event if possible so things run as smooth as possible ,also bring your spud bars to check the ice during the event as this warm up approaches.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar