Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Icefishing shanty repair for material and sled.

icejumper

• View Profile
 I have found about the best  inexpensive  product for fixing holes or cuts in my clam Yukon ice fishing shelter. I have used what's called shoe goo  to fix holes  and tears in my flip style shanty material .I have even used it on two small 1" cuts  in the plastic viewing window and a dime size hole in the  vinyl seat for repair. It stays flexible and temperature, water and rubbing do not affect it. It's a great all purpose fix . (It is a strong repair!!).Also for sled repair ,take a look at eterna bond roof tape.I had two places on my Yukon sled that had two gashes about 4" long that I could drop a penny through. They make eterna bond tape  in single-sided and double-sided roof tape. I put single sided eterna bond tape on the inside of my sled to cover these holes. And then added another layer of tape on top of it to give it added body. This stuff also will stick to about anything including sleds better then you think. .look for these two products on YouTube. I hope this helps with some of your repairs. I know it's worked excellent on mine.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks!  That's a great tip.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
i repaired a pair of waders in michigan with shoe goo set up fast and it worked,never thought of using it on other stuff,tx
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Tanker593

• View Profile
I've kept a tube of that i my shoe shine kit for years to extend the life of a few pair of my shoes.  I got a small hole in my new shanty from an errant hook.  It worked. It doesn't seem to be a permanent fix but I always have some around so I'll just keep re-applying.

Vexilar