Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hope it goes well today on portage!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
If not for being sick, I'd have been there today. Hope all have a safe day and no problems. Remember the ice will get worse as the day goes on. Hope all catch some good fish and disappointed I couldn't be out there! !
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

steelhead1

• View Profile
The pucker factor walking back in from where we were was about 9.5.

quackpot

• View Profile
It was cracking on the walk back for me. Sure does get your attention.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep theres a different sound when the ice cracks from your weight and not from growing or moving,  :o :o
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bigeyurk25

• View Profile
And that's the reason we didn't fish it. My brother and I are both 6'4 and 6'5, and weigh around 300lbs. We felt it wasn't safe and so do many other teams. I understand no one went in and it went smoothly, but I just don't find it right that the tournament carried on when 5+ teams backed out. All these teams missed out on point opportunities. Just my opinion

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I understand that you were concerned but the choice not to fish it was yours. We assessed the conditions and decided to move forward with the event. With the weather not cooperating and a VERY limited season the events must take place as scheduled. We had ten teams show so it would not have been fair to not hold the event. I apologize but unless unsafe conditions arise the events must be held as scheduled to get them in before the ice is gone for the season.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar