Ice Fish Ohio Forum

osp 2/1/16 ice check

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Drove by osp since I was up that way and didn't fish. Ice was melting even more after rain last night. Probably could've risked it 1 more day, but not a person anywhere in sight and the lot was empty. Not going to do something stupid alone, if others were there, might have tried but many open holes now. Spud going thru on 4th light hit, never stood on that ice, just laid my plank down and walked on it and tapped. Very uncomfortable feeling out there so I decided to let wisdom rule. I had my float suit and pics on, but not risking it. I'll wait for round 2,and by tomorrow there's no way is even possible with these temps.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Smart move Slab,ice conditions can change in a hurry now,less than 24hrs. ago it was still solid,and now dangerous,yesterday when I was on, was for sure the last hurrah for us for awhile.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure I'm done also, it just went down hill so fast thinking recovery wont happen.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
I don't think we will lose all the ice we have before it starts to build again later this week,if we do I will be surprised.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

holehopper

• View Profile
osp still has ice,shoreline gone,hoping to be on by monday 2-15 or sooner. :) ;) :D

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow  I put all my stuff  but ?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
osp is probably where i will end up going first,ice forms there fast,and a good place to kill some time and catch some fish till the other lakes build ice to a good thickness.then it's run and gun,ninja style. :) ;) :D

Vexilar