Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/6 - The Mud Puppy Kid...

Downthehole

• View Profile
Fishing was very slow at Alum Creek this morning. the docks had skim ice that slowly melted while we were there. All I managed was 2 damn mud puppies. Marked a lot of bait fish, some subtle bites but no target species. It was good to see folks again though...

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

quackpot

• View Profile
I agree,it was great to see everyone that showed.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
It was a mud puppy massacre!!!! At least you saw a couple bites Andy!! Lol. Beautiful day spent with some good folks, can't ask for much more!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I call BS. I can ask for more. Like a bite. Lol. G and I ended up driving all the way down to rocky fork from there it was so bad. Wasnt great there either but at least we caught some fish.  We had 4 keepers. Also some small crappies and a few gills.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Yea I'm going to have to do some exploring that way one of these days. I had a bite finally around 11 lol

30inthabucket

• View Profile
If you wanna head down one weekend let me know. Isn't always great but we pretty much always catch some.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Everybody fishes the docks at the southwest corner of the lake. It is deep and has more docks than Alum, it can be  hit or miss.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Thanks for the info Tin guppy. Any perch caught there? I will have to check it out in a couple weeks.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
It's actually the southeast bank. There's a bunch of docks 5 -30 fow. And I was getting some perch before the ice but haven't caught any the last couple weeks. Most I ever kept was 6 tho. And there's eyes in there but I haven't seen any come off the docks. Usually just crappie. Some gills.

Downthehole

• View Profile
I'm in if you decide to go down....

Downthehole

• View Profile
Not this coming weekend (Expo and we might have ice), maybe the weekend after....

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Hopefully the next couple weekends we will be punching holes, not sitting on a dock. But whenever it thaws back out,  we will have to meet up down there. Get an unofficial ifo tourney going

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
I'm down whenever Andy. Have you ever been there?? Sounds good 30, I hope you are right about punching holes!!

Vexilar