Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Searching for ice fishers!!!

tcottom

• View Profile
Hello everyone! My name is Tess Cottom and I'm a reporter for the Akron Beacon Journal as well as a student at Kent State. Right now I'm working on a story for school about ice fishing. I'm searching around for someone who has been in a dangerous situation while ice fishing and would like to tell their story, especially if they are still avid fishers today. If you are that person/know someone/could refer me to a place to look, please let me know! Thank you!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
PM sent.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishingful

• View Profile
Hey,

I am a KSU alum and was a recreation major while there. Don't know what your looking for buy have a few experiences I could share. I will pm mu email

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Just a thought but why don't we incorporate some positive experiences about ice fishing and the benefits it creates to the local community versus focusing on the hazards ,not that it's not important. IMO
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Downthehole

• View Profile
Just a thought but why don't we incorporate some positive experiences about ice fishing and the benefits it creates to the local community versus focusing on the hazards ,not that it's not important. IMO

Agreed! - but also a good point to note is that its not only ice fishers that go through the ice. We've heard a number of stories this season about none ice fishers, with no safety gear at all, going through the ice and being helped by ice fishers.
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Vexilar