Ice Fish Ohio Forum

going to give it a try

kitcarson · 13 · 11679

kitcarson

• View Profile
looks locked in west of rockspring road, going to give it a try tomorrow. will post info tomorrow afternoon

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
please be careful ice looks are deceiving , take spikes and cleats , spud   and a friend.....good luck eager to see how it goes...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

jigginfool

• View Profile
West of rocksprings was locked up Saturday and about 150-200 yards to the east of rocksprings.... Good luck and be safe!

kitcarson

• View Profile
hit it today about half way between rock spring and rt 14 started in about 8 ft. of water jigging minnows one catfish. moved out a little to  about 12 ft and picked up another catfish and a white bass. a strong four inches of ice. going to hit portage lakes friday. good luck guys it is getting better every day. be safe!!!!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
did you have electronics with ya, was water dirty , nice post thnx

kitcarson

• View Profile
yeah had my vex water was pretty clear for west branch standards

kitcarson

• View Profile
hit west branch again today bite was slow at best alot of fish on the vex, picked up three white bass and one crappie. stayed east of rockspring road a good five inches of ice.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sweet

Mudd Puppy

• View Profile
Thanks for  the info. Trying to figure out where the ice is thick enough to try.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
can you get on at the boat ramps,or do they gate them in winter?do they plow the roads going to them?thanks
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
can you get on at the boat ramps,or do they gate them in winter?do they plow the roads going to them?thanks

Yep they are always open and usually keep them pretty clean. Water gets deep quick especially right off the ramp across from the marina.

kitcarson

• View Profile
i park at the gravel lot on rock spring road then head west. haven't check the east end of the lake yet. if i get a chance today i will head out to the boat ramp by the dam and check and let everyone know.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
thanks guys,did not want to make the trip,not knowing.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar