Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Chances this weekend?

Downthehole

• View Profile
Hi All,

What are the chances of ice this weekend? We are seeing low temperatures for the rest of the week. Do you think Sunday/Monday we'll have ice?

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I do. In some places. There was a lot of open water still yesterday, but with temperatures Friday-Sunday we'll be on somewhere by then.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'll be searching for a spot Saturday Morning somewhere in the Portage Lakes Chain.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i will be searching for cartoons to watch while I eat my breakfast sat   lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Seen too much open water today,was really surprised by that,kinda deflate balloon!

bruce136

• View Profile
A few of us will be going to the Fishing Expo Saturday. You should come there instead of trying to "find" safe ice.
 It will be warm and dry inside the Expo center w/ only a slight chance of going through the ice.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah I saw a lot of ponds on the way home yesterday completely open. Wind killed us the last couple days. Finally this morning it's 8 degrees and the wind isn't blowing. I expect to see some ice today but the chances of fishing this weekend seem pretty slim. Prob hit the expo on sat and hope for the best for next weekend

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Update. ..same ponds that were wide open at 530 last night are partially to completely locked up this morning. Almost makes working out in this weather seem worth it to see ice again.

g

• View Profile
 Hope the snow holds off now that it his starting to build ice. May have fishable ice next week. I will be in Wisconsin snowmobiling next week and will sneak in some fishing.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Update. ..same ponds that were wide open at 530 last night are partially to completely locked up this morning. Almost makes working out in this weather seem worth it to see ice again.

I'm seeing the same: Local pond open last night, locked this morning. O'Shaunessy reservoir was open last night and frozen 2/3 of the way down to the dam today. We have a forecast of 19/12, 27/5, 14/4 from now until Saturday....Sunday is 23/18....I reckon by late Saturday, early Sunday we'll have safe ice.....

Has anyone seen Buckeye Lake? The webcams show ice....

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
If it doesn't get much snow on what is frozen over and the wind stays calm we might get a second round!

wmwhitten

• View Profile
Looking at the forecast Sunday Might be possible Monday or Tuesday for sure. Looks like I will get to use my new rod and reel I got last weekend.

bucknuts

• View Profile
I'm heading for SE Wisconsin after the expo..only 8hrs to drivable ice.  ;D
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

crappiehunter

• View Profile
I'm saying by Tuesday we should be alright. I need at least one for day for ice fishing, I'm not ready to call it quits yet!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Think I'll be checking the ice at Nimmy early Saturday morning....C1 or C5 unless I hear some bad ice reports today (Friday 2/12).

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar