Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/11/16 ice report

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Drove by the lake after work. Most of the lower end by the dam is open but looked like the upper end had ice. Marina is frozen but very thin. One poke with a crowbar went through.

Green Pea

• View Profile

Slick50

• View Profile
Im thinking about dock dippin. If I go I'll report back

Green Pea

• View Profile
I may end up over there later tonight doing the same thing. I'm heading up to Kiser now to see what condition it' in. I'll post back as well.

Slick50

• View Profile
Fished the marina from about 3pm until 6pm. Messed around and left my auger at home so I banged out 1 hole with a wrench. Ice was about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Bite was decent. Caught some short Crappie and kept 10 Bream.

Green Pea

• View Profile
Well I ran up to Kiser and no one was on the ice. It's not ready from what I could see. It's cold and by morning...who knows. I know I won't head out on it yet.

I more than likely will buzz around the docks in the morning.

bruce136

• View Profile
Stopped by the marina yesterday. Ice was just barely 2". Open water just outside f the marina. With snow in the forecast, I would guess our season is over. Looks like I will be waiting till next year to get back on the ice....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:10:22 AM by bruce136 »

Slick50

• View Profile
Ice was 2 inches at the marina this morning. Fished the docks from 8am until 10am. 2 keeper crappie and 5 grease worthy gills.

Green Pea

• View Profile
Thanks for the update. I was just about to pack everything up and head that way. Sounds like a dock trip...less stuff to pack.

Vexilar