Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice on / fish out

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
fished andersons today, marked fish all over but only managed to catch small gills. It seems whenever the ice comes back on the crappie become elusive

Bryan78

• View Profile
Which channel did you fish? I don't know why the crappies disappear when the ice is on. I caught a few keepers the other day through the ice and that's a first for me on this lake. Yesterday the entire bottom would light up on my flasher but nothing would bite. Can't say if the marks were anything worth catching but it was lit up like a Xmas tree. I didn't see anyone fishing the channel until the day after someone saw me get a couple keepers there. Yesterday there were 7 cars parked there. I didn't get any keepers yesterday but had been actually getting keeper sized gills and that's also a first for me on this lake. Hitting Indian Lake this morning. I

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I fished the front channel of Andersons, there was one guy there when I got there and 1 more showed up later, I fished from around 2pm until 5:30

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Tried it this morning. It sucked. Few small crappie and gills. Lots of marks early. Few bites.

toadfish

• View Profile
Lots of marks for me and no bites.  4-5" of ice on Valentine's day.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar