Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Monday Morning, 2/15 Portage Lakes

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm planning hitting Nimisila, Nesmeth or North early tomorrow morning. (OSP, Old State Park will be my last option)., Currently waiting on ice reports.  May take a drive this afternoon to check them out and drill some test holes., Will post my findings.

Friday's Snow really put the skids & diminished ice formation

Cold Weather... BRING IT!!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep snow retarded the ice, yeh osp = last option
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

z400wolverine

• View Profile
think i am going to hit Nimi,talked to a couple guys,at 4 different locations,stay close to shoreline,they all agreed a little sketchy,but there was holes drilled and shanties up! Pay attention to surface of ice,and the farther out they went,you will hit inch and a half of ice

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Heading out as well,probably go to osp,I don't do sketchy anymore. :) ;) :D At least there is a option. :D :D :D I don't make foot prints anymore either,I follow them.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:10:23 PM by holehopper »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Gonna try Nimmy, C1 just after sunrise.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
3 in, clear ice,4 in. if you count cloudy slush ice.got 2 bass,10 gills,slow bite,fished till 3pm with kortis,ed,gene,ron,rick,missed seeing you ibj.don't think it will take much to jimmy up the ice. :) ;) :D Will still take a slow bite over no bite.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:51:14 PM by holehopper »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow I'm really surprised you guys even made it out,  :P    my gear is up till next year  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar