Ice Fish Ohio Forum

SURPRISE!! Reason behind my slow summer.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
As you know, I've not been posting any activity this summer. The reason is I haven't fished since March.  >:(  And the reason for that is shocking!  We got the surprise of our lives the first weekend in April. We are expecting a baby boy. Totally not planned, pushing 40 and having our first baby was not on the books, but we're excited now. Just cutting into my fishing time big time!!  Doing everything to get ready for something we were never planning on. And he's slated to arrive in December, so this ice season might be sketchy as to how much I get out, but the great thing is he's going to start loving the outdoors early. Already got his first rod and reel and want him to enjoy the outdoors and not tv all day. I now have a new fishing buddy!!!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Congrats on your surprise. Hope everything goes ok for momma.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks!  She's been pretty sick unfortunately, but we're halfway there and finally she's feeling a little better.  :) Just taking a lot of my fishing time up to prepare the house and learn stuff. We were never planning this so its all foreign. Only bad thing is he's coming early December, right at start of ice fishing season.  :-\
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Downthehole

• View Profile
Congrats......! Slabslayer Jr in the making......
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Congratz to you both,that is a surprize for sure! You two will do fine,some of it you learn as you go,lol

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks so much guys!!!  All going well so far, had 24 week doctor visit today and they said everything looks great. Looking forward to this process and expanding family!! ;D

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Glad everything is looking good, slab. Hope your wife is done with her nausea. Best of luck to you both.                                         
                                                                                                                   Grant

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes finally!!  Thanks.  :) She's finally turning a corner a couple weeks ago. Feeling good enough to get out another time or 2 yet this year.  Planning another Erie trip on Monday. Taking the day off work and if I get all the stuff I want to around the house this weekend, I'm Erie bound Monday to tangle with some more bass!! :D

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Glad to hear everything is good. Hope the weather and bass cooperate for you. Pound them hard.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 Thanks everyone. It will be a slow start, but I will be icefishing this year! Can't wait to see everyone on the ice and meet my son for the first time! But maybe not in that order ha ha!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar