Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Not long to go......

Downthehole

• View Profile
I called Alum Creek marina and learned the following:

- As soon as the boats are out they are tearing out the old docks
- The boats are coming out 6 weeks early to support the schedule they have
- They are replacing the cable tied docks with docks that ride on piled in posts
- The work could last until Memorial Day next year

There won't be anything to fish off in the fall....time to look for a new place..

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Downthehole

• View Profile
I just sent an e-mail to the yacht club to see if they can help....I'll let you know what they respond with....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

polar bear

• View Profile
I too look forward to the dock tourneys hopefully Dave or someone will come up with an alternative i like the companionship too if i catch fish or not.

Saw guy

• View Profile
The yacht club would be great. Would have to get a key for the gate onto the docks.

g

• View Profile
Looks like I will be fishing Rocky Fork more this year since Alum will be a no go.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
How's the fishing there g? Shore opportunities?

g

• View Profile
Haven't been skunked there yet. I fish the East Shore boat docks and catch crappies, perch and the rare saugeye. 30inthabucket turned me on to it last year. I need to check out the new docks they put in at Caesar Creek and see if they are going to leave them in all year and if they will allow fishing after the boats are pulled. I'll post when I find out.

g

• View Profile
And the 1 thing I forgot, no mudpuppies. I know Andy will be sorry to hear that. LOL!!!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Hey stop giving away my fishing spots grant! Just kidding. If they can't work something out at alum or another lake I'll be up to do some tournaments at rocky if we can get enough guys together. I know it's quite a drive for a lot of people.

g

• View Profile
Don't worry Aaron, I'll still give you my fish. Hopefully we can find somewhere to have some tourneys. It would be even better if we got fishable ice in early Dec.

quackpot

• View Profile
This is not the way I want early season to start. I may have to come down your way grant.

g

• View Profile
Called Caesar Creek marina to see about dock fishing. Boats have to be pulled by Oct. 15 but no fishing will be allowed, the gates will be locked. So much for it being a public lake. I know they won't get any of my money at the marina.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
That sucks grant. Guess we'll just take the boat if we want to fish caesars.

Vexilar