Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Dock fished Alum this morning...

Downthehole

• View Profile
I fished at Alum this morning between 9:00am and 11:30am. Caught 4 short crappie 7-1/2" - 8-1/2". The bite went off at about 10:30am but still marked a lot of fish. All boats are out of the docks. The road going to the area we usually park for the dock tourneys is blocked off. There's an office trailer at the bottom end of the car park. It looks like they will be pulling the docks pretty soon but, still, a good mornings fishing...

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

g

• View Profile
Glad you made it out and caught a few crappies, even if they were shorts.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Thanks g,

Fished again on Sunday morning. 6 crappie w/one keeper....going to try evenings this week....Its good to be dock fishing again!

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Last night was decent fishing, tons of marks. Landed around 20 crappie with only 6 or 7 that met the mark, a big ol cat, 13" eye and a few big gills. I'm gonna hit it a few evenings after work

g

• View Profile
Great job guys. Get it in while you can Can't remember when John said they are supposed to pull the docks. Good luck to you.

Saw guy

• View Profile
I thought they would were supposed to have them out by now. Hopefully, they'll move at their normal snail pace, and we'll get a good season in. Was actually at the Delaware docks the other day, and a guy pulled out a 'monster' crappie. So maybe there is another alternative. Glad to hear guys are out there fishing. Maybe they won't pull them all at once, but my guess is that they have to pour the concrete before the water turns to ice.

linebacker43

• View Profile
I was interested in getting into some of the dock tournaments this year. Will there still be tourney's at different lakes if the docks are shut down?

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Buck Creek State Park is a good spot if Alum doesn't work out
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

quackpot

• View Profile
Anyone been fishing the marina? I'm thinking about going over this weekend. Planning on taking a boat over and launching at the ramp.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Anyone been fishing the marina? I'm thinking about going over this weekend. Planning on taking a boat over and launching at the ramp.

The Docks are out at Alum Creek - they are replacing them. Boat access is ok though Bobby...

Saw guy

• View Profile
Was out Saturday, It was windy and sunny. Fishing was bad on the entire lake. Went over to gas pumps and jigged. No better.

quackpot

• View Profile
I knew the docks were out but when I was there a couple weeks ago it looked like you could get to the gas pump. I thought someone may have been jigging from a boat.

Vexilar