Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Delaware/Alum docks

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
I went to both Delaware and Alum creek docks today and it was a complete waste of gas. The docks at Delaware had the ramps removed so I couldn't access the docks without jumping from the concrete wall over a 5ft gap to reach the docks. Trust me I considered doing it, but I wouldn't had a way back up and would of been stuck. So I decided to drive over to Alum to see if there was a slim chance of fishing the gas pump. No such luck because the marina docks are gated off with construction vehicles all over the place. Hopefully I saved some of you a headache and some gas. Ice season can't come soon enough!

g

• View Profile
Rocky Fork and CJ Brown have marina docks that are fishable. Caught a 16 in. saugeye and a small bass at the East Shore marina at Rocky Sat.

Downthehole

• View Profile
I went to both Delaware and Alum creek docks today and it was a complete waste of gas. The docks at Delaware had the ramps removed so I couldn't access the docks without jumping from the concrete wall over a 5ft gap to reach the docks. Trust me I considered doing it, but I wouldn't had a way back up and would of been stuck. So I decided to drive over to Alum to see if there was a slim chance of fishing the gas pump. No such luck because the marina docks are gated off with construction vehicles all over the place. Hopefully I saved some of you a headache and some gas. Ice season can't come soon enough!

We checked the Delaware docks out too. They are in the process of pulling them out...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
Leaving this morning I was contemplating between CJ or Delaware, considering they're about the same distance from where I live. I Definitely made the wrong choice. It looks like CJ next weekend.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:32:51 PM by MW-Fishing »

bruce136

• View Profile
Kept 28 crappie(9.25 to 12.5 inches) Rocky Fork yesterday. Marina docks.

g

• View Profile
Great job Bruce. Only other thing I can say is JEALOUS. Congrats. Were they the fat black crappies?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:23:02 PM by Ntoiceman36 »

bruce136

• View Profile
Only a couple. So, are we having a tournament somewhere Saturday?

Downthehole

• View Profile
Only a couple. So, are we having a tournament somewhere Saturday?

No tournament that I know of but I'm open so I could drive down to Rocky/Cj Brown if anyone is going......

Andy

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Andy Bruce was thinking about rocky Saturday morning.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Andy Bruce was thinking about rocky Saturday morning.

I will go - Josh is trying to get us together on Sunday though....

g

• View Profile
Odds are good that I will be at Rocky Sat. morning unless I work.

bruce136

• View Profile
 Let's plan on Saturday morning Rockyfork. If we don't get enough to do a tournament, then we can just fish for fun. myself and my buddy Dave and a couple other are going to meet down there. If tin guppy and Grant show up and Andy, then it sounds like we got a pretty good start.  I would like to  start at 7 AM. And be done before 3.
Who's in?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:44:14 AM by bruce136 »

polar bear

• View Profile
Hey everyone i plan to start coming down there after the crappie stop biting at the marinas off of route 2 on lake Erie. i haven't been doing to bad at the marina up here.  Larry

g

• View Profile
I won't get there until 8:30 or so, have to work Fri. night. I will see you there Bruce.

Vexilar